Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today's Progress

Here is an updated picture of my painting after today's eight hour session! I definitely have looked at it too long. At this point I'm going to let it dry and revisit it in a week or so. I am wondering if there is any ingenious way to waterproof it so it can hang on the veranda. It would be totally exposed to the elements so it's a totally impractical idea but if anyone has any suggestions let me know! A good coat of lacquer might do the job!???




Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Michelle, I think your painting is beautiful! I do not have an artistic bone in my body, so I am so in awe! I have no idea about waterproofing, but I hope someone can help you:) I LOVE it, you clever lady!! Wishing you a wonderful week as always ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it! What a fabulous canvas you have done. I don't know of a specific product name but I know there is spray on lacquer that I am sure a few coats of would do the job. I will see what I can find out for you. Great work * Suzi xx *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suzi. It isn't finished yet but I am getting there. I found some plastic canvases which had prints on them at a garden shop yesturday. They were a really good idea because so often outdoors needs a little colour too! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, this is looking gorgeous...I stopped back to see if there had been any updates on the work but I guess I'll just have to remain patient my dear. I hope all is going well with you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely divine!! ;)

    What a fabulous way to spend a day!

    :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing yet Lou...I am going to wait unitl the kids go back to school, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to be a part of my little blog. Michelle